Read Review: State Of The Heart

State Of The Heart by
Paperback, 146 pages
Published August 2013

My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Blurb: Relationships, love and life are like the three legs of a tripod. Without any one, there is no balance. The same hold true for every human being. State of the Heart, through its collection of short stories on these key aspects, cuts across the social spectrum to present to you the lives of people whom you didn't think could be so interesting, but actually are. In short, it could be a story about you or someone like you.

From ‘Addiction’ – the dark desire to ‘My Encounter with the Berlyn Wall’ – where your best friend becomes your worst fear to ‘The Love Letter’ – which reminds us of love and its various dimensions and forms to ‘The Chief Ministers Independence Day Speech’ – where we realize how we and the CM see the state of affairs in our state to ‘The Greatest of the All’ – where love, boldness and intelligence get personified to ‘It’s not Easy’ – which speaks of bondage and the inability to break free from a bad relationship to 'My Best Friend' - which talks about the relationship between God and a human and many more, every story strikes a chord and delivers a punch while making every character relatable to the reader.


Well, I didn't like or enjoy the book at all. I feel as if I wasted my time and money on it. Not one of the stories touched my heart in any way. They lacked emotion and creativity. The story called "The second chance" seemed to be a direct inspiration from the movie "If Only". The only story I felt was better was the last one titled "A Rainy Day" and that is authored by someone else and not by the author. Only this story had a decent setting, flow and style. In short, I was highly disappointed by the book.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Labels: , ,